Tuesday 2 June 2015

Nature's Canvas {painting faces on sticks, branches and driftwood}

Hey Guys,

So I was asked by Jeanne Oliver from Jeanne Oliver Designs - to be a guest teacher on her creative network, and of course I took grabbed the opportunity with both hands. Below is a short description of what the class is all about. 
Click on the link below to log into the site and take a look around...
 
Description... 
This is a instantly available, one week course on exploring nature's canvas and your imagination. We will be using fallen branches, twigs, pieces of dried wood and maybe even a leaf or two found in the forest or your garden and paint faces on them.
I will share with you my process of how I create my forest art pieces. I will show you how I draw and paint a very basic primitive face, a whimsical face and then a more realistic face ... using color, shadow and highlights to give shape, depth, character and charm to a face. 

http://jeanneoliver.ning.com/…/nature-s-canvas-painting-fac…-



I love to take an early morning run through the forest with the wind whispering through the tall pine, old oak and yellow-wood trees ... twigs snapping underfoot and the familiar, earthy smell of the forest. Nature in all its beauty can be a wonderful place to recharge, slow down and clear one's mind. You never know where or when a creative idea will bloom and take flight.
I will take you on a creative journey like no other.
This is a one week course on exploring nature's canvas and your imagination. We will be using fallen branches, twigs, pieces of dried wood and maybe even a leaf or two found in the forest or your garden and paint faces on them.
I will share with you my process of how I create my forest art pieces. I will show you how I draw and paint a very basic primitive face, a whimsical face and then a more realistic face ... using color, shadow and highlights to give shape, depth, character and charm to a face.
You will learn how to prepare your nature's canvas ready for painting on and how to preserve and protect your art once finished. I usually place my painted pieces back in the forest or in my garden, so making them resistant to the elements is a very important final step.
You will be using a variety of mediums to create your masterpieces, including acrylic paint, watercolor crayons, charcoal pencil, colored pencils and pens.
"Open up your creative mind to mother nature's canvas and find there are no limits to your imagination."

4 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to this workshop - can't start soon enough! I love your faces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin.
      Almost time :")
      See you in class....

      Delete
  2. I am excited about this class... I am such a hoader of sticks stones and sea glass, oh and feathers! Everyone teases me about my hoard of natures gfts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I am a crow by nature when it comes to gathering natures gifts too.
      I have a collection of frog skeletons that I keep in a plexiglass box and another one where i keep all the dandelions in. Not to mention the many dried pressed leaves, seedpods, sticks and stones, feathers, birds nests and seashells....
      The list goes on and on.....
      I say let them tease all they want. There is nothing more beautiful and fascinating than nature.
      Looking forward to seeing you in class soon ....

      Delete